May 13, 2008

Volkswagen Touareg

It is going to be a commercial, but not the one I wished for. Because on Romanian TVs it looks slightly different. The difference is at the end, where the whole point is. Anyway, the, let's say, original version (the only one I could find on Google) is the following one, for the Dutch market:

"54% buys a Touareg because of its appearance. So we prefer to keep it clean."

The Romanian version tough, says smth like (I will check exactly) "we already know what a Touareg can do, so we decided to just keep it clean this time."("stim deja ce poate face un touareg, asa ca am preferat sa nu-l mai murdarim")

I agree the messages have a lot in common, but they are different also. The first one is focused on the appearance, the second - on the abilities of the car. I like the RO version better.

Acting! What a remarkable acting. I must consider working in a casting agency :)) The guy talks so naturally, the expressions, the pauses, the gestures are all in their places. Brilliant.
Notice, of course, how it is so different from aaaaaaaall the other car ads, where all we see is a SUV driving on rocks and muddy terrain. This is actually the whole "wow" of this commercial. I like when, seeing smth like this, I wonder "how come nobody thought of this before??" Cool.

Oh, good thing I remembered! The next ad for Lexus Hybrid is an older one, but made a great impression on first watch:

"That day - is TODAY." What a great line!

No comments: