May 12, 2008

Horton Hears a Who!


You have to watch this animated movie. Loved it! I'm a big, huge fan of Nemo and Ice Age, and this one is the new sh*t! :)) Not the best publicity for the movie, at least from what reaches my ear, but the movie is so great.

Jim Carrey is the voice of a big, super funny and miraculous elephant and I haven't been distracted by this knowledge, because we weren't quite sure it was his voice. Anyway, watch watch watch, if you haven't done it yet!
I was amazed, absolutely..., by the creators' imagination, there are scenes in the movie that, if you think through it, you realize how much creativity was just poured into it, into each animated character. And that's what excites me, what impresses me. One example of such a scene was when the major's family was at the breakfast table, the whoooole family. You will see what I mean, when you watch it :P They have a great website too.


Another recent great movie we've watched was "There will be blood". Daniel Day-Lewis, lead actor, won the Oscars this year, so I guess I'm not in the position to appreciate his work, because it has already been done by designated people :)
It starts very slowly, very intriguing, but believe me, the last few seconds of the film are truly disturbing and exciting. I want to mean that the film has it all. Don't forget to watch this as well ;)

No comments: