Mar 21, 2008

Amerie


Somebody once told me I looked like Amerie :))
She is a singer (for those who are currently asking themselves "wtf?!") and I listen to her songs from time to time. It's because she sings RnB and is a lady, some will say :)) Anyway, there's smth in her songs that make me "move", a term mentioned before in one of my posts.
Her ethnic background is quite curious stuff, with an African American army involved father and a Korean mother. She speaks Korean at home too. She is a very fortunate mix between these two races, from which she grabbed the best features :)

I 'discovered' her a couple of years ago, if any of you remember the video&song of expired Ricky Martin with Fat Joe and...tadaaaahh - Amerie ("I don't Care"). Or was it earlier..hmmm... Gooood god, that songs just sucks.. Anyway, I sensed smth in her therefore.. got myself her records. And as Russians would say "Dlea liubitelei".. Trying to get you a translation..would be "For those who really like this style". I know I didn't translate anywhere next to "well enough", but you get the idea. Anyway, it's very RnB and probably, in this part of the world, it's addressed to a niche of market :D

I love love love this. And it has my favorite Eve in it, too... :D

1 Thing remix feat Eve, from album Touch, 2005
Yes, she hasn't got the best voice in the game, but the music - my stuff.

Another super power song is "Gotta Work", here is a live version of it... turn the volume up a bit ;)

Gotta Work from album Because I Love It, 2007

No comments: